Parent Advisory Committee
The Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) to the Superintendent is comprised of parent representatives from each school in Plain Local. They meet with the Superintendent and other district officials on a monthly basis during the school year. The committee will work collaboratively to:
- Identify common goals and needs among the parents of students enrolled in Plain Local Schools and facilitate ideas on how to better increase efficiency and effectiveness of each school.
- Provide the Superintendent with feedback and insight from the parent’s perspective on school process, initiatives, facilities, programs, and curricular and extracurricular activities to ensure the perspectives of parents and their families are included in district decisions.
- Bring to the Superintendent’s attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents.
- Serve as an advisory, not a decision-making body, that makes recommendations, encourages brainstorming and provides opportunities for parent involvement on issues impacting the Plain Local School District.
- Facilitate communication between and among parents, stakeholders, and the community of the district, and serve as a forum for sharing innovations and best practices to ensure the Plain Local School District is a leader in Stark County and the State of Ohio.
- Promote and encourage parent and community participation in the school district.
- Identify concerns of parent, students, and community members and assist in developing solutions.
Basis for Establishment
The Parent Advisory Committee to the Superintendent is comprised of parent representatives from each school. They meet with the Superintendent and other district officials on a monthly basis during the school year to discuss a variety of topics, share information, broaden the understanding of school-related issues, and move the district forward.
The PAC takes the following actions:
1. Ensures effective involvement of all parents (from their respective schools) to inform the work of the Plain Local School District.
2. Supports the vision and mission of the school district and strategic plan.
3. Acts as a liaison between the district and parents and acts as an ambassador of the district to the larger community to help promote a positive image of the district.
1. Each participant’s beliefs are respected
2. There is mutual respect among all members
3. Everyone actively participates
4. Members will stay focused on issues and will be results-oriented
5. Members will respect time allocated to a specific discussion/topic and be responsible to
follow group process
6. Members will avoid side conversations
7. Members will not discuss students or staff by name
8. Members will not take over a meeting for their individual interest
9. Members will attend regularly scheduled meetings
Mandy Wagner, Co-Chair
Ana Nino, Co-Chair
Kristy Kuhn, Secretary
Questions? Click here to email.