License Renewal Instructions
-Go to http://education.ohio.gov and click on "SAFE" top right on the screen.
You MUST have your SAFE account username and password available. If you do not have a SAFE account, chose "Don’t have a SAFE account?" and follow the directions.
Once you have signed into your SAFE account:
- Select ODE.CORE and it will bring up the Dashboard.
- Select My Profile - UPDATE and My Information will appear. Important to check and edit for accuracy and SAVE.
- Next, from the dropdown or dashboard, select My Credentials - RENEW. There you will find a list of all your credentials. Pick the license/certificate that you wish to renew. Under Select Action select the desired action (Renew) and then Apply.
- Next it will bring up Renew Application Request. Select the renewal date 2018/2019 to begin July 1, 2019. Then click on Save Application and Next.
- Answer all the background check and legal questions with either a YES or NO. If any legal question is answered as YES, then the explanation box will be opened and you must enter an explanation.
- You can choose + to dropdown and check that you have a current FBI on file (if the date is within 5 years, it is current). If it is not current or you are unsure, contact Andrea Krynicky to schedule at CO 330-492-3500 ext 370.
- Answer any Board License, Experience, Educator Preparation questions if they appear for your credential application.
- Select Organization, Enter IRN 014368 to select Plain Local School District Stark County LPDC.
- Check the applicant signature box to certify that all of the questions are answered truthfully and verify your signature.
- Click on Save Application and Next.
- Application Documents - In most cases, you will not need to upload documentation. Make sure you check “Please click here to determine if documents are required for this application”. If you are not required to upload any documentation, then click on Save Application and Done.
- Any errors in the application will appear in red at the top of the screen. These must be corrected for a successful submission. If the application was submitted successfully, the “My Application’ screen will be displayed for payment.
- Select the $ Pay symbol. A total will be generated in the gray box. It will read Pay $... for selected Applications.
- Select the Pay $... for selected Applications and it will take you to the payment screen. YOU CAN ONLY PAY WITH an E-CHECK, VISA OR MASTERCARD. No other payment types will be accepted.
- A receipt is shown on the next screen; you may print this for your records. You will also receive an email receipt if you selected to be sent an email.
Questions? Contact Denise Leone at Central Office at 330-492-3500.