**Please submit your IPDP no later than one month prior to your license renewal.
Users must have an OH|ID account to access the CORE system. Begin by visiting the Department's webpage at http://education.ohio.gov and click the “Login” link at the top of the education.ohio.gov homepage.
Click on the “OH|ID PORTAL” button.
Enter your OH|ID username, password and click the “Log In” button.
Note: Attempting to log into OH|ID with SAFE credentials will not work. An OH|ID account must be created first and matched to your existing Department of Education profile.
Enter your username and password and click Log In. If you don’t have an existing OH|ID account, click Create New Account and follow the instructions to create one. Click here to view the Department of Education OH|ID Portal Help webpage for additional assistance (see How to Create a New OH|ID Account and Department of Education Profile under Resources). Click the Forgot username/password? link if you do not remember your username or password.
The My Apps section of the OH|ID homepage will be displayed after you successfully log in to the system.
The My Apps section of the OH|ID homepage houses tiles for applications that you have previously accessed. The Available Apps section houses tiles for applications you may access but have not yet configured.
To request access to an application, click on the tile for that application. Additionally, you can use the search bar next to Available Apps to search for a specific application tile you wish to access. You will need to select Educator Licensure and Records (CORE) to request access to this application. From the Educator Licensure and Records (CORE) application, you will have access to your CORE Dashboard where you will complete your application requests.
After you click on the tile, the terms and conditions for the application will pop up. Once you have scrolled to the bottom of the pop up, click the box next to I Agree. A checkmark will appear indicating you have accepted the terms and conditions. After accepting the terms and conditions, click the Request Access button to request access to the application.
You will be able to navigate the Educator Licensure and Records (CORE) online system from your CORE Dashboard. This easy-to-use page allows you to access the features in CORE. The items that appear on your CORE Dashboard are customized to you. The red ribbon at the top of the page will indicate access areas based on your unique user role(s).
The My Profile section of the Dashboard houses your demographic information. Please note that you must update your information under My Profile before starting or submitting an application. To access your information in My Profile:
- Click My Profile in the red ribbon at the top right of the screen on the CORE dashboard.
- Update your information (address, phone or email) by clicking the edit icon to the right of each field.
- Click Edit in the section that needs updated and make the necessary changes in the pop-up box.
- Click Save.
- Click Return to Page when you are finished updating your information.
- Click Go back to Dashboard to return to the Dashboard.
Please complete the following steps to take action on an existing license:
- From your CORE Dashboard under My Credentials, select the Action button next to your previously issued credential and select the appropriate action from the dropdown menu (e.g., Advance, Renew, Transition etc.).
- Make the appropriate selections in the pop-up box (e.g., select the effective date, etc.) and click Start Application Process.
Throughout the application process, you must provide information related to your specific application. You will be required to answer questions regarding your residency, military service and criminal history. Additionally, you must electronically sign your application by selecting Yes in the Applicant Signature section. Please see below for information regarding some of the prompts.
- Effective Date. If applicable, you will need to select an effective date for your credential during the application process. Note that all credentials will be “effective” on July 1 of the chosen effective year.
- E-Signature. If your application requires an electronic signature from an employing school/district/LPDC or from an Ohio college/university, enter the IRN (014368) provided by the organization or the name of the organization. Select the correct organization by clicking the name or IRN (014368) in the list that populates. You also may click Find and type the IRN (014368) or organization name in the pop-up box provided and click Find Organization. If you accidentally select the wrong organization, simply click Reset to clear the selection.
- Documents. If your application requires the submission of documents, click Upload Documents. You may open and view your previously uploaded documents.
You may bundle multiple applications of the same license type and action and pay for all of them at once. For example, if you have multiple five-year professional licenses to renew, you may bundle them and submit one application and payment. Click Request Additional Credential at the bottom of the application.
- Pay and Submit Applications. Click Include for the application(s) you wish to submit. You will see the total amount due for all applications selected.
- Click Continue. You will see a pop-up box verifying you are navigating to the external payment site to process your secure, online payment.
- Click Continue to make your payment or Cancel if you do not wish to make a payment yet. Do not click your browser’s back button from this screen.
- Choose Payment Method. You may pay for your application with a credit card or electronic check (E-Check). Select one of these choices in the Payment Method drop-down menu. Click Next.
- Application Submitted. After your payment is processed, you will return to your Dashboard where you may view the status of your application.
- Verify Payment. In the My Account section, you will see your payment posted to your account. You will receive an email confirmation of the submission of your application. If you click Email Receipt, you will receive a separate email verifying your payment.
Questions? Contact Michele Rivard (email@example.com) at Central Office (330-492-3500x1424).
**THE LINKS BELOW PROVIDE DIRECT ASSISTANCE FROM ODE**
Access the Ohio CORE Applicant User Manual here.
Access additional information for Educator Licenses here.
Access How to Renew a Five-Year Professional, Advanced or Associate License ODE Direct Link here.