**Please submit your IPDP no later than one month prior to your license renewal.
-Go to http://education.ohio.gov and click the “Login” link at the top of the education.ohio.gov homepage.
Click on the “OH|ID PORTAL” button.
Enter your OH|ID username, password and click the “Log In” button.
Note: Attempting to log into OH|ID with SAFE credentials will not work. An OH|ID account must be created first and matched to your existing Department of Education profile.
If you don’t have an existing OH|ID account, click on “Create New Account”.
Your personalized CORE Dashboard will be displayed after you successfully log in to the system.
The My Profile section of the Dashboard houses your demographic information. Please note that you must update your information under My Profile before starting or submitting an application. To access your information in My Profile:
- Click My Profile in the red ribbon at the top right of the screen on the CORE dashboard.
- Update your information (address, phone or email) by clicking the icon to the right of each field.
- Click Edit in the section that needs updated and make the necessary changes in the pop-up box.
- Click Save.
- Click Return to Page when you are finished updating your information.
- Click Go back to Dashboard to return to the Dashboard.
Please complete the following steps to apply for licensure:
- Click Take action on my EXISTNG credential in the My Credentials section on the CORE Dashboard.
- A pop-up screen will prompt you to select an application type.
- Click Take action on my EXISTING credential to select actions appropriate to your previously issued credential.
- The next screen will display different options for your previously issued license(s).
Throughout the application process, you must provide information related to your specific application. You will be required to answer questions regarding your residency, military service and criminal history. Additionally, you must electronically sign your application by selecting Yes in the Applicant Signature section. Please see below for information regarding some of the prompts.
- Effective Date. If applicable, you will need to select an effective date for your credential during the application process. Note that all credentials will be “effective” on July 1 of the chosen effective year.
- E-Signature. If your application requires an electronic signature from an employing school/district/LPDS or from an Ohio college/university, enter the IRN provided by the organization or the name of the organization. Select the correct organization by clicking the name or IRN in the list that populates. You also may click Find and type the IRN or organization name in the pop-up box provided and click Find Organization. If you accidentally select the wrong organization, simply click Reset to clear the selection.
- Documents. If your application requires the submission of documents, click Upload Documents. You may open and view any document previously uploaded.
- Pay and Submit Applications. Click Include for the application(s) you with to submit. You will see the total amount due for all applications selected.
- Click Continue. You will see a pop-up box verifying you are navigating to the external payment site to process your secure, online payment.
- Click Continue to make your payment or Cancel if you do not wish to make a payment yet. Do not click your browser’s back button from this screen.
- Choose Payment Method. You may pay for your application with a credit card or electronic check (E-Check). Select one of these choices in the Payment Method drop-down menu. Click Next.
- Application Submitted. After your payment is processed, you will return to your Dashboard where you may view the status of your application.
- Verify Payment. In the My Account section, you will see your payment posted to your account. You will receive an email confirmation of both your payment and the submission of your application.
Questions? Contact Michele Rivard (email@example.com) at Central Office (330-492-3500x1424).
Access the Ohio CORE Applicant User Manual here.
Access additional information for Educator Licenses here.