Welcome To Plain Local Schools!
Brent May, Superintendent
Plain Local School District Brief History
Founded in 1809, and established in 1914, Plain Local Schools is an innovative district rich in its diversity of population. The district offers a strong core curriculum with a wide range of electives, providing students with a firm educational foundation that is unsurpassed in the area. Plain Local Schools provides a curriculum that is challenging with comprehensive activities, the best qualified staff in the area, a strong emphasis on the fine arts, superior technological resources, and safe, secure facilities.
Plain Local School District Profile
- Mission: Providing the Plain Community with exceptional education that is personalized, relevant and provides opportunities for students to create a better world through global understanding and respect.
- Vision: To be every family's first choice in education.
- Core Values: Integrity, Equality, Responsibility, Compassion & Respect
- Urban, suburban, rural population
- Nine School Buildings: Six elementary schools (K-4); Glenwood Intermediate School (5-6); Oakwood Middle School (7-8); and GlenOak High School (9-12)
- Home of the Golden Eagles - School colors Green and Gold
Plain Local School District Partnerships
- Plain Township Trustees collaborating to provide programs, safety services, and recreational areas for the betterment of the entire community
- Stark County District Library Plain Community Branch serves as public and high school library
- Mercy Health Center of Plain Community features immediate medical services, laboratory services and the only onsite radiology service on a high school campus
- Herbert W. Hoover Foundation provided grant funding for the development of a community land laboratory and observation deck
- Stark County Park District secured grant funding to expand a walking, biking and hiking trail to connect and include the GlenOak High School Campus
- Other partners: Kent State University at Stark; Malone University; Ohio State University; Plain Township Rotary, Plain Township Parks and Recreation; Stark State College; Stark County YMCA
Plain Local School District
901 44th St NW • Canton, Ohio 44709
Phone - 330-492-3500 • www.plainlocal.org